THE PROJECT COMPETITION FOR YOUNG ROMANIAN DIRECTORS AND SCENOGRAPHERS 10th Edition - National Theatre "Marin Sorescu" Craiova
PROJECT COMPETITION for
YOUNG ROMANIAN DIRECTORS and SCENOGRAPHERS
10th edition - "Marin Sorescu" National Theatre Craiova
Teatrul Național „Marin Sorescu” Craiova lansează concursul de proiecte pentru tineri regizori și scenografi români, ajuns la cea de-a X-a ediție, 2019. Proiectul constă în prezentarea scrisă a unei concepții regizoral-scenografice în vederea montării unui spectacol la Teatrul Național „Marin Sorescu” Craiova, la sala studio „Ion D. Sîrbu”, în stagiunea 2020-2021. Proiectul câștigător va fi pus în scenă în toamna anului 2020.
Condiţii de participare:
• The text of this year's project will be based on a play or a relevant (dramatized) text from Marin Sorescu's opera (1936-1996) - with a maximum of 8 characters;
• The project will be designed for the “Ion D. Sîrbu” Studio Hall (see the technical details of the room on the TNC website https://tncms.ro/tehnic.php )
• The amount of the project is 50,000 lei gross (including set production costs and creative team fees - director, set designer, composer, etc., copyright costs)
• The director and the scenographer must be graduates of specialized higher education, in the last 5 years
• The CV and the list of their artistic creations will be attached to the project
1. Texts that have not been performed on stage have priority. This is not a mandatory condition, but will act as a tie-breaking criterion in the event of a tie.
2. The project is not limited, the number of pages and its form are at the free initiative of the candidate.
Deadline for submission of projects is December 10, 2019 - emailed to: email@example.com Or by post at the theater's headquarters ( Alexandru Ioan Cuza Street, no. 11, 200585, Craiova, Dolj, Romania - with the mention in the attention of the Dramaturgy Service ).
The winning projects of previous editions were:
1. "Conu' Leonida face with reaction" by I.L.Caragiale, directed by Diana Dragoș, scenography Adriana Dinulescu
2. "Photoshop", text and direction Catinca Drăgănescu, scenography Sorana Țopa
3. "Professor of Religion" by Mihaela Michailov, directed and scenography by Bobi Pricop
4. "The Break-in", after the novel "Armed Robbery" by Răzvan Petrescu, directed by Dragoș Alexandru Mușoiu, set design by arh. Andreea Simona Negrilă
5. For the fifth edition, exceptionally, two projects were declared winners: "Exploziv" by Elise Willk, directed by Andrei Măjeri, scenography Alexandra Panaite and "Sfârșit", dramatization by Oana Hodade after Florin Lăzărescu's prose, directed by Leta Popescu, scenography Gloria Gagu;
6. "The Other Country", based on Hertha Müller's novels, "Man is a Great Pheasant of the World" and "Journey in One Foot", dramatic script by Alexandru Istudor, scenography by Francesca-Antonia Cioancă
7. "The Sand Monster" by Csaba Székely, directed by Irina Crăiță-Mândră, set design by Cezarina Iulia Popescu
8. "White room" by Alexandra Badea, directed by Florin Caracala, scenography by Ana Ienașcu.
9. "Playground" by Raul Coldea, directed by Raul Coldea, scenography Alexandra Budianu.
Good luck to all competitors!