CONCURSUL de PROIECTE pentru TINERI REGIZORI și SCENOGRAFI ROMÂNI ediția a XI-a – Teatrul Național „Marin Sorescu” Craiova
The "Marin Sorescu" National Theatre Craiova launches the call for applications to the competition for young Romanian directors and scenographers, 11th edition.
In order to discover emerging talents in the Romanian directing and scenography field, the Marin Sorescu National Theatre Craiova wishes to support the Romanian directing and scenography school and to propose new names, concepts and artistic visions in order to ensure the continuity and revitalization of the Romanian theatre.
The winning project will be realized at the "Ion D. Sîrbu" studio hall in the 2021-2022 season.
Conditions for participation:
- The text of the project will be based on a play from Romanian drama or literature of the last two decades, with a maximum of 8 characters; the text of the play must be in Romanian. If the Romanian playwright's text is written in another language, no translation fee will be paid.
- The project will be designed for the "Ion D. Sîrbu" Studio Hall (see the technical details of the hall on the TNC website https://tncms.ro/tehnic.php)
- The amount of the project is 50.000 lei gross (including set production costs and creative team fees - director, scenographer, composer etc., copyright costs).
- The director and set designer must have a university degree (bachelor's degree with specialisation in theatre direction/set design) and must not be older than 35 years old.
- CV and list of their artistic creations will be attached to the project
- Texts that have never been performed on stage before are given priority. This is not a compulsory condition, but will act as a tie-breaker in the event of a tie.
- The project is not limited, the number of pages and its form are at the candidate's discretion.
Data limită for submission of projects is 10 December 2021 - submitted by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the theatre's headquarters (Strada Alexandru Ioan Cuza, nr. 11, 200585, Craiova, Dolj, România – with the mention for the attention of the Drama Service).